So my husband and I are pretty big foodies, so naturally I would be against anything like this. I would much rather make my own meals and do my own grocery shopping. But with all the hype out there.. we had to try this new trend going around right now.
Food delivery services providing weekly pre-portioned meals along with the recipes.
We picked Blue Apron (Blue Apron’s abbreviation – BA) to try out, plus we got our first week free with their Trial Promo – so why not?! Blue Apron is offering a first time trial offer right now, click here to sign up! Check out my review below and also some great facts about the company.
For the short review… I would DEFINITELY recommend this company and meal service to anyone and everyone!
BA has partnered with over 150 local farms to build a better food system by raising the highest-quality ingredients, by creating a distribution system that delivers ingredients at a better value and by investing in the things that matter most—our environment and our communities.
1. BA is developing better standards for higher quality ingredients. This is done by choosing sustainable seafood recommended by Seafood Watch®, meat with no added hormones and no sub-therapeutic antibiotics* and by choosing non-GMO ingredients.
*Federal law prohibits the use of added hormones in poultry and pork
2. BA is supporting regenerative farming practices to replenish our land. By building their menus around crop rotations that are best for the farmers, they help to replenish their soil and increase their yields, while reducing their reliance on inputs like costly pesticides and fertilizers.
3. BA is eliminating the middleman to deliver fresher food. BA has pioneered a different model that delivers fresher, high-quality food from the farm to the kitchen, avoiding long and wasteful detours at costly grocery stores.
4. BA is reducing food waste to create better value. In 2016, they saved 2,800,000 pounds of food!
How it works:
- We choose the 3 meal plan, which totals out to just under $60 (meal break out is $20 per meal). Weekly you are able to pick your 3 meals from the 8 meal choices (it was 6 but they have expanded their selection!).
- Pick your delivery date! We chose Tuesday’s so we are able to make our 3 meals on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and still leave flexibility for the weekend.
- Come home at the end of an exhausting day to this cute little box at your door! Race inside and unpack the goodies. Anything that needs refrigerated is usually between some ice packs to stay cold enough to stay outside for a couple of hours.
- Start cooking! Every meal is around 20-45 minutes, from start to finish, to make!
Our meals so far (all of which I would vote an 8 or higher!):
All in all….We have had nothing but great things to say about each and every meal so far. This has been a HUGE money saver, time saver, and marriage saver :)! We have not had to go to the grocery store as often or spend nearly as much as we have in the past. Every meal is approximately 20-45 minutes to prep and cook so dinner is done in less then an hour, plus we only have the 3 meals to chose from so my husband and I are not constantly going back and forth on what we “feel” like eating! The best part is, you can be very flexible with your weeks. Say you have a couple dinner plans one week or stuff planned for your evenings, you can easily cancel any week at a time and continue back up the next week. You will not be charged for cancelling, so easy and convenient!
We also have learned so many new dishes to try out! I have even eaten things I may have never ordered out or picked myself at the grocery store, which I think can be huge for some people wanting to try something new! Give Blue Apron a try and definitely let me know your thoughts!